Sunday, April 18, 2010

WIP Shots of AUG 413












A few people have requested some info on how AUG 413 was made. Hopefully some of these screens will give some idea. Basically, I'm venturing into Box modeling, which seems to be a LITTLE less stressful than poly drawing... so I started with a box, which then grew a head, then legs, and then arms... blah blah. I then made fingers... got admittedly a bit lazy w/ toes, then moved on to making alterations by adding a rectangle to the head, then a cylinder for the mechanical eye, and cylinders for the back (not really seen in the final render, but they're there).

From there I shrank the appendages in the middles to add more a sense of a fetal growth, then moved to Zbrush to add details/paint, as well as posing (after posing I found I lost a little bit of anatomy, and added a little to legs to make it "sit" right, heh. I went back to Silo to add tubes coming from the back, and a cord in the front. Then I went back into Zbrush for final adjustments to the cord and final tweaking.

From there I went into Deled, created a sphere, flipped the faces inwards to create a completely enclosed environment, made a "muscle" texture in Photoshop, added it to the sphere, then used Deled's magnet tool to pull out parts of the sphere to make a uterus for the fetus to float in. Input all this into Vue, render, and voila! It was then time to make final adjustments in Photoshop to clean it up a bit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home