Saturday, November 7, 2009

Textures, models and headaches



Ah... so I made a higher res texture for the arm cannon... then I ran into a snag. I have to read a little on how to extract UV maps from Poser figures. I can't put conforming clothing on my mudman figure because he's so big, so I have to paint the clothing on the figure... which also means having to resculpt the figure (easy part) but it also means I have to paint the clothing (hard part) as I don't have a UV map (flattened wireframe) to give me the contours, I will have to guess and check if my clothing is hitting the right areas and if it's seamless, etc. etc. Not something I look forward to, so I'm gonna do a little research. In the meantime, I worked on an AK-47 Romanian variant, similar to the one I own in real life, and as I said before, here's the hires arm cannon. As for the AK-47... a better texture might be a good thing...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home